Sunday, May 13, 2007

Journal: A lie I told.

Years ago, a friend of mine decided to move from her neighbouring house to an appartment sittuated in the city centre. Because she was going to have less space then to have a pet, she decided to give her boxer puppy to someone else who could continue taking care of the animal. I ofered myself for that task and my friend accepted happily, because she knew that I had always looked forward to have a dog like her's. The problem was that I didn't have enough space in my house for a pet too. So, as a solution, I thought of my boyfriend's place which has a huge background full of grass and plants. But, unlike him, his family had always rejected to have a dog. And that was the point at which, with the complicity of my boyfriend, I made up a lie:
We went to my friend's house and we took the little boxer with us after the owner gave the animal her long goodbyes. We carried it to my boyfriend's house where his family looked our arrival with surprise.'Is that boxer your's, Gabriela?' his mother asked. And I answer:'No.But isn't it lovely?'. Inmidiatly after, my boyfriend said:'We were just walking nearby the park and we saw it abandon, tided to a tree'. And then he added:'Who could have done such an evil thing?.We should keep it with us!'. All sort of negative responses arised and all who were present, except us, rejected the idea. We had an argumment then, which ended favourably towards us. And my boyfrien's family accepted the dog to stay, but with the condition that, its stay, should be a temporary one.
Time passed and the boxer puppy grew up and with it grew up also, the affinity of the family for the dog. Because of that the temporary stay became a permanent one. And now, if you dare to suggest some new home for the pet other than their house, they all cry: 'No, it must stay or it may suffer from separation anxiety!', and so on.
Our lie was never discovered. Nowadays, when we took our pet for a walk to the park at which we said we had found it, my boyfriend and I remember our innocent lie, and we laugh!.

No comments: