Saturday, June 2, 2007

Journal: An Earthy Paradise.

Invited by my friend, who is a professional photographer, I assited to a photographs' exhibition which was based on his last trip to Bolivia. The exhibition took place at a small but cosy amateur cultural centre sittuated in the city town. The reception of the guests was wonderful. We were received with "empanadas" and a glass of an exquisite "vino patero". And all this catering was accompained by the performance of some groups of music which had the task of invading the atmosphere with our traditional "folclore".
After gorging ourselves with good food and nice music, we finally paid attention to the exhibition itself, which consisted of landscapes photographs made all of them on the fazinating Titi Kaka lake. This amazing place is sittuated at 3810 meters above sea level. And this remerkable altitud was also the tittle that my friend chosed for his exhibition. The invitation said in big letters "3810 MSNM" and I must confessed that I only understood what that number and letters meant when I heard the openning speech given by my friend at the beginning of the presentation. In it, he explained the theme of the exhibition, and the reasons why he chossed that place, and he also explained to us the significance of the tittle.
Taking a glance at those wonderful pieces of art, I was overwhelmed with the beauty of the sights that was pictured on the photographs. I thought of my vast land, and the variety of my continent as regarding climate and geography, which make Latin America a place full of really amazing landscapes and natural sceneries.
I spent a very agreable night on the exhibition, with friends, food and music, but the vedette of the experience were the photos, of course.
The professional quality of my friend as a photographer in combination with those breathtaking paradisiac views, made the exhibition really enjoyable for me.

No comments: