Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Current Thought

I'm only thinking about my wedding these days. To be honest, I'm only thinking about my wedding party these days. Getting married is not the problem but the party is turning into an issue that is constantly disturbing my mind. It shouldn't, I know, because it is supposed to be something happy and full of joy. And eventhough I have two weddind planners, my sister and my best friend, I can't relax and let them do the job.
I try not to worry myself whith this. I try to convince myself all the time that everything is going to be ok. But a party is not a simple thing to organize. I'm going to get married only once in my life, at least, I hope so, for what I have only one chance to have the party of my dreams and I really don't want to loose it.
I trust on my wedding planners but there are some details which they can unintentionally forget to take into account in the party planning... I'm sure of that. Like, for example the music. Of course they are going to rent music equipment and pay for a DJ to do the job , but I don't want to listen to conventional wedding music, as I'm sure it will occur if I don't arrange it by myself.
I don't want to listen awful music in the most important day of my life. I have a particular taste for music and so does my boyfriend. Music that my guest are not like to enjoy. The problem is that my sister and my friend keep on telling me that it is nonsense to invite 200 peolpe to a party and play music which nobody is going to dance. And they are right. At the same time, I know that I can't cope with everybody's taste just to satisfy the guest because the party is to be what I dreamt and not what the rest wants. What should I do, then?

1 comment:

aLdaNa... said...

Hi Gaby!
I didn't know you are getting married!
Best wishes for you both!

And let me tell you something, even though it's fine to care about other people's musical taste, it's your wedding day, and it's your party... so, you both should choose what you want for that special day!

I hope you enjoy it!