Sunday, April 22, 2007

Journal: The Top ten experiences of my life. Part I.

1)Holidays in Cafayate: During my life, I spent most of my holidays with my family in Cafayate. And when I say "my family", I'm not just referring to the ones who live in the same house than I, but to all my relatives, friends of the family, pets and whoever who wanted to join us in our trips. We usually stayed on a cammping site with at least 6 or 8 tents as if we were gipsies. As our journeis used to last several weeks, we assured to bring with us all the home facilities that would possibly make our stay more agreable. We brought our pillows and mattresses, tables and chairs, fans, boxes and boxes with food, bicicles and toys, tapes recorders, cards, checkers and guessing games. You may wonder how did we trvell with all these stuffs...we travell by truck!
2)Sleeping with natives'spirits: One summer, while my family and I were visiting the valleys as we usually did, we decided to take a look around to "Las Ruinas de Quilmes. As normal people does, we arrived to that magnificent place near midday in order to take the walk with the tour guide. After he shown us the ruins, the evenning came and tourists started to leave. So did the guide. But, as we are not normmal, we decided to stay. The important fact was that by those days, "Las Ruinas de Quilmes" included just the ruins and nothing else. There was no hotel where to spend the night, no bathroom, not even a light around there. But, we had took precautions. So, we took out our tents and had a wonderful night, sleeping with natives'spirits in the middle of nowhere.
3)Travelling abroad: I had the chance to travel to many different places of my country but I have been abroad only once. Tha journey arose as a Christmas' gift that my father did to us in 1995. The objective was a beautiful island in the North part of Brazil called "Guaruyá". The trip included visiting many other places nearby. The greatest thing of those holidays was that we travelled on a Swizz Airline Jumbo, in first class!! We had chicken with mushrooms for lunch in the plane. And I will never forget how much my siblings and I cried because we wantwd the menu of the third class: just rice!
4)My fifteen birthday party: It is well known that the fifteen birthday party is very important for every girl. Mine, was unforgetable. It is like a taddition to have a church sermon in your honour and to give a big party after that with all your relatives abd friends. But in my economical situation it was impossible for my family to affoard a party like that. Finally, when the magic day arrived, I only planned a little meeting with my closest classmates. After leaving the church, my parents took me back home, but nobody was there. I started to feel very dissapointed and I wonder how that happened to occur. Minutes later, my parents took me to a rent saloon, and surprise! I had the big birthday party that I didn't even expected to have. My sister had arranged everything for me and some friends of mine helped her to give me the surprise.
5)The most important person of my life: I met my boyfriend five years ago. I was very young at those times and at the beginning I didn't expect our relationship to grow and became what it actually did. He was a friend of my brother and that's how I saw him for the first time. At first, we were just friends until one day he asked me for a date. Five years have past, and I feel like if I have just felt in love with him. Unfourtunately, he doesn't live in Tucuman anymore. An important job opportunity arose to his life last year. After finishing my career I will go and join him where he is. My boyfriend brought a lot of happiness to my life and having met him is one of the Top ten experiences that I had.

No comments: