Friday, April 27, 2007

The top ten experiences of my life. Part II.

6)The Rock Festival:I have a family of rockers. Having had the influence of a professional background knowledge in that field as heritage from my parents, my siblings and I grew up with a great preference for the rock music style. On february 2004, my brother and I had the opportunity to attending the most important festival of rock, of those that are held in Argentina: The Cosquin Rock Festival. For 3 nights we enjoyed the greatest groups among several amateur performers from the country, along with 2 or 3 international rock bands. Our budget for the trip was quite reduced, we didn't eat well nor slept in comfortable palces, and the rain felt intensely during the 3 nights, but we had an unforgetable and wonderful experience that will always persist in our minds.
7)Feelings of growing up:I spent my first 3 years of university attending to the National University with the idea of becoming a teacher of english. Due to several reasons I found lots of difficulties in following the career. And I had to quit. I felt disappointed and disappointing in front of others. Anguish invaded me. Fourtunatelly, that situation lasted for no longuer that three months. Finally, I decided to look for the opportunity of not beeing defeat by external circumstances and so, I started to assit to the Lola Mora institute. Having took such important decision in my life made me aware of my position in front of everything. I felt that I was another person.
8)Family unity:Yeasr ago, my father had a labour accident while he was in Buenos Aires working in a factory. He had an electric shock of serious voltage while he was on top of a five meters high platform. He fainted and felt down. The next time he openned his eyes, he was in a hospital. My family and I were at Tucuman. My mother answered the phone called that informed her that my father had been electrocuted. She travelled inmediatly, not knowing the exact medical condition of him. We waited at home for news. My father had several complications in the spine, many contusions and burns because of the electricity. He had long days of medical care until he was in condition of affoarding a trip back home. We finally met all together 6 months later from the day of the accident. The reunion was a moment of relief for us.
9)Stargazing: Have you ever seen a star through a telescope? I did! and believe me, it's amaizing. Everything happened in the Astronomic Observatory of Ampimpa which I visited this summer. The view was fantastic. I learnt a lot about the Universe and I appreciatted the sky from a quite different point of view. I understood it. I reflected on my diminutive position in the Galaxy. I perceived the distances and the magnitud of everything. I learnt about the celestial objects that lay outside the Earth's atmosphere. Among them, I saw Saturn and it's rings, Jupiter, the Moon and many stars constellations. The cream of the crop was the comet called MacNaught which crossed the sky near the Earth and which was seen for 10 days. The appreciation of it was breathtaking. If you ever find the chance to experience something like this, you must do it. I can garante that you would not regret it.
10)A future project: One of the most recents experiences of my life that I can place among the ten most important that ocurred to me, is the achievemnet of a project that I planned with my boyfriend. Since I haven't finished my career yet, the project is not completely achieved. But the countdown to it began when he moved to Buenos Aires. We had always dreamt of living there, having our home together there and starting our lives as an established couple there. Nowadays, I feel closer to that than ever before. And so does he. We are living happy times of fulfillment. We are seeing our future becoming a real fact. This is an experience that I was willing to have and it is what keeps me full of life.

No comments: