Friday, April 27, 2007

My blue finger.

Some days ago, I was going with my classmates to have classes and I had an accident. We had taken a cab which left us two blocks from the institute. At the moment of getting down of it, unintentionally, one of my friends shut the door of the car in my hand. A few seconds passed until she openned the door again and I pulled out my fingers. But for me, those seconds seemend to last forever. You have no idea of the things that crossed my mind while I was looking at my hand, half out, half inside the groove of the door. I prepared myself for what was comming next because I was suer that I had a serious injury. Although I didn't panic, I really wonder if I still had all my fingers, if I was going to see my bones appearing from my skin, or if I was going to die bleeding. All this questions had their answers when I took my hand out. First of all I counted 1,2,3,4 and 5, and assured myself that I still had my five fingers. I could feel pain even though there was no blood not even a cut. I finally realize were the pain was coming from: my little finger was blown up double size! And it was starting to turn blue! Despite this facts I knew that this was not a serious accident as I had thought, and just then I came back to reality. My classmates were sill there and made all kind of diagnosis and assumptions of what I should do next. We continued our way to the institute. Already there, I decided to ask for my accidente insurance, I mean for the insurance that all the students have. But making my right to exercise was not so easy. The administratives from the institute didin't denay to let me have the insurance, but they hesistated until they did it and I received no medical assistance at the moment. I was given a paper in which my accident was told (not exactly as it did really happen) and with which I was supposed to see the doctor that worked for my accident insurance. I was not going to see any doctor at all if my finger didn't get worse, but I wanted to have the formalities of the insurance done, just in case! The situation with the administratives made me feel very angry and put me really nervous. I wonder what would had happened if the accident had been a serious one.
After all, I assited to my classes, did my task and returned back home where I finally cried. Yes, I saved all my tears for the last. Days have passed. Although the blue colour of my finger has no completely gone away yet, it recovered its original size and I can move it without feeling any pain.

No comments: